On 24th June (2015), the FCRG will be running and hosting an exciting one-day conference at the University of Lincoln entitled “Women and Problem Gambling: The Hidden Addiction”.
The conference aims to present new theoretical insights and research findings related to the topic of problematic gambling in women. There will be a focus on how this research can be applied in practice for those who work professionally with problem gamblers. We hope to begin answering some of the pressing questions surrounding the “hidden addiction” in women. Gambling researchers within the FCRG (Dr. Adrian Parke & Mrs. Julie Pattinson) will present some of their recent work, along with some notable internal and external collaborators. These include:
– Mr. Jim Rogers (University of Lincoln)
– Dr. Fulvia Prever (Addiction Center SSN Milano & AND Association)
– Dr. Henrietta Bowden-Jones (National Problem Gambling Clinic)
– Ms. Liz Karter (Level Ground Therapy)
– Ms. Ruth Champion (Gordon Moody Association)
Fees: Professionals (£70); External (non-UoL) students/trainees (£35); UoL students (£20)
Download the conference flyer
To register for the conference, please click here.